Herbal medicines are widely used by the people of Indonesia to treat certain symptoms or diseases. Although this medicine is made from natural ingredients and has been used for a long time, you need to know how to take safe herbal medicines to avoid side effects.
Tips for Safe Taking Herbal Medicines
Most of the natural ingredients used as shopsongkhoe.vn herbal medicines are safe for consumption. Even so, herbal medicines still have the potential to cause side effects. Information about possible side effects is usually listed on the packaging of herbal medicinal products.
To avoid dangerous side effects, follow these tips when taking herbal medicines:
- Make sure herbal products have been registered with BPOM RI.
- Check the product expiration date.
- Follow the directions for use and dosage listed on the package.
- Contact herbal product customer service if you want to know more about their products.
- Consult a doctor first before taking herbal medicines.
- Stop using herbal remedies if symptoms do not improve or get worse.
Not everyone can also take herbal medicines. There are several groups that need to avoid taking herbal medicines, namely:
- Pregnant and lactating mothers
- People who are going to have surgery
- People with certain medical conditions, such as impaired liver function, impaired kidney function, or autoimmune diseases
In addition, herbal medicines cannot be taken with certain medicines, such as blood pressure lowering drugs, blood thinning drugs, and drugs for diabetes, because they can cause drug interactions and serious side effects.
Consumption of herbal medicine should not be arbitrary, especially if it is used to treat disease. In order not to experience dangerous side effects, apply the methods above to consume herbal medicines safely.
In addition, do not forget to consult with your doctor before taking herbal medicines. That way, the doctor can determine whether herbal medicines are safe for your condition, as well as determine the type and dosage of herbal medicines that suit your needs.