Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte is a creamy and delicious coffee drink. Save money and make this luscious espresso drink with simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What Does a Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Taste Like?
In Italian, dolce means sweet, and if you see it written on a musical score, you should play the piece softly and smoothly. Those words are the perfect way to answer, what does Cinnamon Dolce taste like?
This drink is rich and creamy, with sweet cinnamon being the most noticeable flavor. A touch of vanilla in the background helps smooth some rough edges and keeps the cinnamon from becoming too overwhelming.
What Is Cinnamon Dolce Coffee?
Cinnamon Dolce Latte, or sweet cinnamon latte, is one of Starbucks’ ever-growing list of specialty coffee drinks. But you don’t have to shell out five or six bucks just to enjoy it. Make this delicious drink at home with this copycat recipe.
Why Is This the Best Cinnamon Dolce Latte You Should Try?
There is no need to buy cinnamon dolce syrup when it is so incredibly easy and inexpensive to make it yourself at home. Whip up a batch and enjoy this decadent coffee drink whenever you want.
Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte Ingredients
To make the Cinnamon Dolce syrup, you’ll need:
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Vanilla extract
It’s essential to use both types of sugar in this recipe. The brown sugar adds a caramel flavor you can’t get from white sugar alone.
To make the latte, you’ll need:
- Cinnamon Dolce syrup
- Whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
If you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use extra strong coffee or instant espresso powder.
To froth milk without an espresso machine, warm the milk and whisk vigorously or shake in a jar. A standalone frother is a good investment if you often make specialty coffee drinks at home.
How to Make Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
For simplicity, there are two parts to this recipe.
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- Combine the white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and water in a saucepan.
- Bring the syrup mixture to a boil over high heat and then turn down the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer the syrup for about 25 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and cool the syrup for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the cool syrup into a container.
Cinnamon Dolce Latte
For each serving of Cinnamon Dolce coffee:
- Pour a tablespoon of the Dolce Cinnamon syrup into the serving glass.
- Stir in the hot espresso. Make sure the cinnamon dolce syrup dissolves completely.
- Add the hot milk. You can pour the hot milk over the back of a spoon into the serving glass to create a dramatic layered look
- Spoon the foam on top.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream if you want.
How Do You Serve a Cinnamon Dolce Latte?
Prepare the latte in an insulated see-through mug for the most dramatic effect. Serve with a big dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar or a bit of shaved chocolate on top.
What Goes With a Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte?
Ginger snaps or toasted banana bread are perfect for snacking on while sipping this coffee drink.
Love Starbucks Drinks? Try These Recipes
Favorite Coffee Recipes
Check out more of my easy drink recipes and the best Starbucks recipes here on CopyKat!
Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte
You can make Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte at home with this easy copycat recipe.
Add to Collection Go to Collections
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 1½ cups white granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon dolce syrup
- 2 ounces espresso (2 shots)
- 1 cup 2% milk steamed and frothed
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Dolce Syrup
Place the water, white granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks into a medium size saucepan.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes.
Remove cinnamon sticks.
Cool the syrup for 30 minutes.
Stir in vanilla extract.
Transfer syrup to a jar or a bottle.
Place cinnamon syrup in the cup.
Pour espresso into the cup.
Add steamed and frothed milk on top of the espresso.
Top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.
Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 26mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 423mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 303IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 299mg | Iron: 1mg