It is not every day that one gets the opportunity to indulge themselves with a decadent Tiramisu. People usually only get the chance to enjoy a Tiramisu at a restaurant since many believe it can be too cumbersome to prepare at home. What if we could help you make a homemade Tiramisu that is every bit as creamy and delectable as the one you order at an upscale restaurant?
Check out this easy Tiramisu recipe made with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills cookies which can transform you into a Tiramisu expert within an hour. This homemade Tiramisu recipe has been curated by the expert chefs at ITC Hotels. Enjoy your favourite Dark Fantasy Choco Fills in a completely new avatar and delight your loved ones with a lavish homemade dessert this weekend.
The Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert that is layered with rich ingredients forming a sublime balance of flavours and textures. The preparation for an authentic Tiramisu can be laborious and time-consuming. However, the results can be said to be worth the time and effort spent on making this delicious dessert. Coffee, cocoa and cream cheese are the most prominent flavours you can taste in each bite of a well-made Tiramisu.
Homemade Tiramisu with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Recipe Information
- Type of Recipe: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 2
Homemade Tiramisu with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Recipe Ingredients
- Dark Fantasy Choco Fills 150 gm
- Espresso or coffee decoction 100 ml
- Cocoa powder for dusting
For the Espresso and Mascarpone Cream
- Egg yolks 4Castor sugar 40 gm
- Espresso or coffee decoction 20 ml
- Softened mascarpone cheese 150 gm
- Whipped cream 100 gm
- Rind of 1 orange
- Dessert liqueurs: Kahlua or Tia Maria 45 ml
- Chocolate shavings to garnish
How to make homemade Tiramisu with Sunfeast Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Recipe?
To Prepare the Tiramisu
- Break the milk chocolate into small chunks and place in a dry bowl.
- Heat the cream up stirring continuously and pour over the milk chocolate.
- Set aside for 2 minutes and then stir the mixture to form a smooth ganache.
- Once the ganache has cooled down, gradually fold in the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate to set the mousse.
- To prepare the nutmeg cream, freshly grate nutmeg over the whipped cream and refrigerate.
- For the stewed berries, place the frozen berries (comprising a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc), sugar, thyme and spices in a pan along with half cup of water.
- Cook covered until the poaching liquor is fragrant, the sugar has melted and the berries are just cooked. Allow to cool.
To Assemble the Tiramisu
- Place Dark Fantasy Choco Fills Luxuria cookies roughly broken into halves, at the base of the glasses.
- Transfer the milk chocolate mousse into a piping bag and pipe small peaks over the broken cookies.
- Place the stewed berries over and around the mousse.
- Repeat the cookies and mousse to form to layers. Top with a dollop of nutmeg cream.
- Serve chilled and let the mousse take you on a journey to the French countryside with its authentic flavours and enjoy the slight tang of fresh berries as you scoop in a helping of the rich chocolate.