Enzymes drink is a healthy drink to be taken on a daily basis. Some of its many benefits are boasting immune system, aids in digestion, increase metabolism (good for losing weight), reducing inflammation (helps in recovery of wounds) and increases energy level.
Enzymes drink is also categorized as an alkaline drink. Its alkaline properties helps in balancing the pH level in our body from consuming all those acid forming foods which we consume every day. Examples of acid forming foods are meats (pork, beef, lamb), dairy products (milk, egg, cheese) and convenience food (sweets, chocolate, microwave meals and fast foods).
Different type of fruit enzyme has their own unique health benefits when consumed. For this article, I’ll be discussing ginger and lemon enzyme. Ginger is used in Chinese medicine. It helps to get rid of flatulence in the body. It can improve blood circulation, lessen stomach cramp and reduce pain in joints. Lemon is good for sore throat and phlegm.
Ingredients required to make ginger and lemon enzymes:
– 2 lemons
– 250 ml honey
– 150 ml
Making ginger and lemon enzymes step by step:
- Wash and dry all fruits
- Slice the lemon into thin slices. About 0.5cm each
- Slice the ginger in slices of 0.5cm each also
- Divide into 3 portions and place a layer of lemon and ginger in the bottle
- Put 1/3 part of the oligo sugar and honey on the layer.
- Repeat the process until all the ingredients are used up.
- Cover the bottle with a piece of cloth or cling wrap.
- Place the lid on top.
- Keep rotating the bottle everyday so that they are well mixed.
- Keep in a cool dry place for 2-3 weeks.
- When it is ready to consume store in the refrigerator.
- To serve, add 2 tbsp of the enzyme with a cup of water.
Tips: To get a thick enzyme, blend the fruits using food processor or a electric blender once it is ready to be consumed (after 2-3 weeks of fermentation).