The Balanced Consuming Advisory Provider (HEAS) is running a competitiveness to locate the most effective recipes in Victoria’s extended working day treatment configurations with remarkable prizes from Bunnings, MTA and the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen area Garden Foundation on provide.
“Long day treatment centres do a amazing occupation in offering and educating young children about nutrition and more healthy foods and consume choices,” explained dietitian and HEAS Method Supervisor Margaret Rozman.
“We know that all over 46 for each cent of small children aged two to 5 several years frequently attend formal care, this kind of as extended day treatment, paying out an normal of 30.9 several hours in care every single 7 days. For little ones attending care for 8 hours a working day the vast majority of their each day meals and snacks are furnished in treatment,” she added.
HEAS is on the lookout for recipes across many categories in a bid to rejoice the great importance of healthy foods provision and training in aiding to create wholesome meals and drink practices in young young children, namely:
- Enjoyable with fruit and veg – how do you creatively integrate these components into your recipe?
- Celebrating tradition – how do you celebrate cultural diversity at your centre by means of foods?
- Connecting kitchen area to backyard – how do you integrate your backyard into your recipes?
- Affordable and cheerful – what’s your go-to recipe for ensuring you keep on budget?
- Cooking with children – share your favourite classroom cooking action and recipe.
- Wastage warriors – how do you get care of the planet in your kitchen area? Share your sustainable and waste-lessening recipes.
Ms Rozman hopes the competitors will be witnessed by the sector as “a pleasurable and artistic way to rejoice the significance of this food items provision and schooling, and the tough-operating individuals that supply it.”
Prizes on offer you incorporate:
- Entertaining with fruit and veg – $400 Great Men gift card
- Celebrating culture – $400 Koori Curriculum reward card
- Connecting kitchen to garden – Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation (SAKGF) – Early Childhood Kitchen Yard Software Classroom membership and Kitchen area Yard Cooking with Little ones by Stephanie Alexander valued at $350 (sponsored by SAKGF)
- Low-priced and cheerful – $400 Kitchen Warehouse present card
- Cooking in the classroom – $250 Fashionable Instructing Aids voucher (sponsored by Contemporary Training Aids) + $150 Very good Fellas reward card
- Wastage warriors – $400 Bunnings Warehouse reward card.
In addition, as a celebration of the amazing recipes been given, HEAS will be compiling a recipe e-book of the most artistic, healthy and inspiring submissions.
The competitors is open up to all lengthy working day treatment centres in Victoria and will run from Monday 27 June to Friday 29 July. For extra information, to access conditions and conditions and to enter be sure to see below.
HEAS is a cost-free support that presents details, instruction, menu assessments and assets to help organisations to offer and market nutritious foodstuff and drinks. It is supported by the Victorian Federal government and delivered by Nourishment Australia’s Vic Division.